Kunst Haus Wien
Master Hundertwasser has completely transformed the former Thonet bentwood furniture factory in his characteristic style. Today, irregular elements of glass, metal, bricks, wood and ceramic tiles in many colors give a unique character to the formerly inconspicuous building. Opened in 1991, Kunst Haus Wien houses a permanent Hundertwasser exhibition on two floors and two additional floors are devoted to changing exhibitions. On the ground floor, there is a café-restaurant and a shop.
Not far from Kunst Haus, you will find the so-called "Hundertwasser-Haus," Vienna's most original public housing complex. In the directly affiliated Café "Kunst und Cafe" (ground floor), they are showing a movie for free about a guided tour with Hundertwasser himself presenting "his own house".
And with the beautification of the district heating system Spittelau (which can be seen very well during a cruise on the Danube Canal), Hundertwasser has created a very special monument to himself.
Kunst Haus Wien Museum HundertwasserUntere Weißgerberstraße 13 , 1030 Wien
- Better value with the Vienna Card
- 19.1.-18.3.2015 daily, 10:00 - 18:00
- daily, 10:00 - 19:00
- Free tours:Hundertwasser exhibition (permanent) Su, 12:00
- Free tours:Hundertwasser exhibition (permanent) on holidays, 12:00
- Free tours: special exhibition Su, 15:00
- Free tours: special exhibition on holidays, 15:00
- no steps (Swinging doors )
- 250 cm wide and 120 cm low , Door 200 cm wide
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Main entrance and access to the restaurant / café: no steps, , floors are uneven, elevator.
- Main entrance