32nd Vienna City Marathon – “We are Europe!”
Sightseeing on the run
In addition to the classic marathon distance of 42.195 kilometers, participants also have the option to run the half-marathon (21.0975 kilometers) or a relay for teams of four. Competitions for children and adolescents take place the day before. A new route that was introduced in 2014 eliminates several elevations to give that extra boost. With its traditional start at the Vienna International Centre, the route goes across the Danube into the green of the Prater, along the Danube Canal to Ringstrasse, from the Vienna State Opera right out to Schönbrunn Palace, back again to the Ring and the Prater and finally to the finish line at Heldenplatz.
Program and side events
The International Friendship Party is held the Saturday before the race (11 April) in the impressive ambience of Vienna City Hall. It features wonderful pasta and Viennese "Kaiserschmarrn" (sugared pancake strips) while the VCM Expo "Vienna Sports World" shows the latest trends in the running sport. It’s the perfect way to get in the mood for the marathon...
- Traditional marathon (42.195 kilometers)
- Half-marathon (21.0975 kilometers)
- Marathon relay (with 4 runners, total marathon distance)
- Children’s competitions on 11 April 2015 (Coca-Cola 4.2 for young athletes from 10-18 years and Coca-Cola 2.0 for young athletes from 6-10 years)
- Early registrations recommended!
Vienna City Marathon
12 April 2015 (Children’s competitions 11 April 2015)
Information and registration: www.vienna-marathon.com