Valentine's Day in Vienna
February 14 is Valentine's Day and love is in the air. Friendship also plays a part in this. How fitting then that February 13 is Galentiney's Day – the day on which friendship is celebrated. For this reason, Valentine's Day in Vienna should remember not only couples, but also friends. We have Valentine's Day tips for an unforgettable and romantic Valentine's Day in Vienna:
❤️ The Valentine's Day program ❤️
- No matter whether friendship of love – the best way to start a romantic day in Vienna is with breakfast way up high: The restaurant and bar Chez Bernard in the Hotel Motto creates a culinary start to the day, always from 7.30 am - 11.00 am on weekdays and from 8.00 am - 12.30 pm on weekends. Here are even more ideas for breakfast and brunch in Vienna.
- Nicer than any bunch of flowers is a romantic meal surrounded by fantastic plants: Many restaurants bring the garden feeling indoors and serve up a never-ending summer with living ceilings and walls. Perfect for breakfast, a romantic dinner or cocktails on Valentine's Day: Vienna's best restaurants with a green interior
- What could be more romantic than skating at the Vienna Ice World?Until March, City Hall Square is one of the biggest and most romantic open-air artificial ice rinks in the world – and on no fewer than two levels! Perfect for a date for Valentine's Day.
- What romantic alternative is there to a candlelight dinner? The love story between a Vietnamese girl and an American GI gets pulses racing around the world: The global musical hit Miss Saigon can be seen at the freshly renovated Raimund Theater from January 2022. Tickets to a musical are the perfect gift for Valentine's Day.
- Schönbrunn Zoo is always worth a visit. Especially when there are cute baby giraffes to marvel at. Attention: Get two admission tickets for the price of one for Valentine's Day with the codeword "Valentinstag" (Valentine's Day)
- We all know how Van Gogh demonstrated his love, allegedly by cutting off his left ear. The current exhibition "Van Gogh Alive" brings visitors closer to the passionate artist than ever before and is an original idea for Valentine's Day in Vienna.
That it doesn't always have to be a romantic restaurant is clear. It's a good thing there are so many ideas for Valentine's Day in Vienna: A walk with the right person in the right setting is sometimes all you need. As exercise in winter is also important, Vienna's parks and gardens invite you to go on long winter walks.
February 14 is the day of the Giant Ferris Wheel: Taking a turn on the Giant Ferris Wheel is simply magical. Not only for lovers.
- Chocolate and sweet things spread happiness! Especially when it's an original Sachertorte from the Hotel Sacher. But when it comes down to it, all Viennese coffee houses are the first place to go for dates of every kind – including spontaneous meetings.
- Sleeping on cloud 9: Inspired by the heavenly ambience of the 1920s and 1930s, or perhaps one or two cocktails from the hotel's own bar Barfly's, guests experience an unforgettable night's stay at the Boutique Hotel Josefine.
- But most romantic of all is and always will be a dream wedding in Vienna.