Vienna Blues Spring Festival
There's classic Delta and Chicago blues, rock, soul and electric blues, as well as boogie, interpreted by international stars and the best of the Viennese scene. This is how the blues feeling is created in the midst of springtime in Vienna.
Most concerts take to the stage at the music venue "Reigen", such as with the legendary British blues rockers Savoy Brown around veteran and front man Kim Simmonds (March 24), with the genius on the Hammond organ Raphael Wressnig (April 10), with the nearly-Austrian Hans Theessink (April 15) and with the Hamburg Blues Band, which presents Chris Farlowe (picture) as guest star (April 24).
Henisch as musician
Peter Henisch is not only one of the greatest writers in Austria but also a gifted musician. His first record from the early 1970s was voted one of the 100 most underestimated disks by Rolling Stone magazine. Henisch will turn 75 years old in 2018. He has now recorded a blues record, which he will present live at the House of Music on April 26.
Other concert highlights
- Mojo Blues Band: at Theater Akzent, with guest star Gisele Jackson (March 25, Palm Sunday)
- Miller Anderson, the Woodstock legend with an incredible affinity for the blues, has used a clip from Vienna Blues Spring 2017 for his live CD. He will sign copies of this at his concert (April 17).
- There will also be another boogie night: On the university premises, Martin Pyrker also invites the next generation onto the stage (April 24, University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna).
- The Australian Blues guitarist Rob Tognoni performs an acoustic set solo at Mozarthaus Vienna (April 26). The following day, he performs with his band at the Reigen. The result should be a double CD of the finest quality.
14th Vienna Blues Spring Festival
March 20 to April 30, 2018
Information, dates & program:
ReigenHadikgasse 62, 1140 Wien
- Tu - Sa, 18:00 - 02:00
Mozarthaus ViennaDomgasse 5, 1010 Wien
- Adults €11
- Young people under 19 €4,50
- Family €24
- Combination ticket with the House of Music: 18 €
- Your benefit with the Vienna City Card: 2/4€ off
- daily, 10:00 - 19:00
- no steps (Double swinging doors 250 cm wide )
- 150 cm wide and 150 cm low , Door 90 cm wide
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Access to all exhibition rooms and the events hall: no steps.
- Main entrance
mdw – University of Music and Performing Arts ViennaAnton-von-Webern-Platz 1, 1030 Wien