The Orient begins in Vienna when the cosmopolitan festival Salam.Orient highlights artists from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Palestine and Turkey - and also from Austria - for the twelfth time. Salam.Orient directs the focus on them and brings exciting encounters of artists with both Eastern and Western backgrounds.
- Vardan Hovanissian & Emre Gültekin Quartet (Turkey - Armenia, 14.10.2016, Porgy & Bess)
- Bernhard Schimpelsberger (music) & Kaveri Sageder (dance) (Austria - India, 20.10.2016, Sargfabrik)
- Omar Bashir Group featuring Rita Movsesian (photo) (Iraq – Austria, 26.10.2016, Porgy & Bess)
- Pandit Shubendra Rao (Sitar) & Saskia Rao-de Haas (Cello) (India, 27.10.2016, Sargfabrik)
- Isfar Sarabski Band (Azerbaidzhan, 28.10.2016, RadioKulturhaus)
- Hossein Alizadeh & Hossein Behroozinia & Behnam Samani & Saba Alizadeh (Iran, 29.10.2016, Odeon Theater)
- Noureddine Khourchide & The Dancing Dervishes of Damascus – Sufi ritual (Syria, 31. 10. 2016, Theater Akzent)
Lectures, discussions and a children's program of dance, music and fairytales round off the activities.
13-31 October 2016
Various venues across Vienna
Program, information, tickets: www.salam-orient.at
Porgy & BessRiemergasse 11, 1010 Wien
www.porgy.at add to my travel plan
OdeonTaborstraße 10, 1020 Wien
(Double swinging doors
- no steps (Double swinging doors 180 cm wide )
- 102 cm wide and 88 cm low , Door 75 cm wide
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- 2 Wheelchair spaces available (in the first row)
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Special offers for people with disabilities
Discount for people with disabilities (ID required) and for escorts of wheelchair users.
Theater accessible via wheelchair-accessible elevator. Stairlift over 3 steps from 2nd floor to auditorium level.
- Side entrance
RadioKulturhausArgentinierstrasse 30a, 1040 Wien