Like the Schauspielhaus in Hamburg, the Vienna Volkstheater was built by the architects Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer. From the outset, the focus was on Austrian authors. Nowadays, the repertoire of the Volkstheater includes Austrian as well as German and international classics.
The theater also houses the Red Bar, where cabarets, concerts and discussions are held and parties are celebrated.
VolkstheaterNeustiftgasse 1 , 1070 Wien
(Double swinging doors
accessible only via steps
- (Double swinging doors 150 cm wide )
entrance via Museumsstrasse
- no steps (Swinging doors )
- 4 Parking spaces for people with disabilities
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- 10 Wheelchair spaces available (entrance above Museumsstrasse)
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Special offers for people with disabilities
Theater tour for the visually impaired.
- Main entrance