Green Christmas Markets
Christmas market in Türkenschanzpark
- Opening dates: 16 November - 24 December 2018
- Commercial: Mo-Fr 3.00 pm - 9.00 pm; Sa, Su and hols. 12.00 noon - 9.00 pm
- Food and drink: Mo-Fr 3.00 pm - 10.00 pm; Sa, Su and hols. 12.00 noon - 10.00 pm
- Food and drink & Commercial on 24 December: 12.00 noon - 3.00 pm
The romantic Christmas market in Türkenschanzpark, near the "Turkish Fountain", is the perfect way to combine a walk with a break. The focus here is on handicrafts. Live music can be listened to every Sunday. There are also two children's carousels.
Türkenschanz ParkTürkenschanzpark, 1180 Wien
between Peter-Jordan-Straße, Gregor-Mendel-Straße, Hasenauerstraße and Max-Emanuel-Straße
Advent market and Christmas show in the Hirschstetten Botanical Gardens
- 22 November - 23 December 2018
- Th-Su 10.00 am - 8.00 pm
Christmas is usually a magical time at the Hirschstetten Botanical Gardens. In addition to a large Christmas market with numerous decorated booths selling hand-made Christmas tree decorations, gift items, beeswax candles, tasty snacks and an extensive cultural program, the floral Christmas exhibition comes highly recommended. This year’s motto is "Heavenly Christmastide" and visitors experience "real" snowmen as well as motifs that come from heaven on high, such as angels, snow and ice, sun, moon and stars as well as biblical themes, such as archangels, the star of Bethlehem and more. This year's slogan is "Shining Advent". A special children's program is held from 4.00 pm every Sunday, where kids can do crafts in the Palm House and bake cookies in the bakehouse.
Hirschstetten Botanical Gardens (Blumengärten Hirschstetten)Quadenstraße 15, 1220 Wien
- 19 March to 13 October
- Th - Su, 09:00 - 18:00
- In the winter months, only the Palm House is open (Tuesday to Friday, 10 am – 6 pm, Sunday 10 am - 6 pm).
Advent in Schönbrunn Zoo
- Children tours: Free children’s tours every Sunday in Advent starting on 2 December 2018; start: 2.30 pm at the information center in Hietzing
- Advent workshop: 8 to 9 December 2018, 9.00 am - 4.00 pm, Zoo ORANG.erie
- Biscuit bakehouse: 8 to 9 December 2018, 1.00 pm to 3.00 pm, Tirolerhof
- Waiting for the Christkind - Contemplative Christmas program for children: 24 December 2018, 9.00 am to 4.00 pm, Zoo ORANG.erie - waiting for the Christkind with elephants, penguins and koalas
A Christmas atmosphere also prevails at Schönbrunn Zoo: For example, there free children’s tours every Sunday in Advent, and the Advent workshop opens its doors for the creation of individual Christmas jewelry. The cozy farm kitchen of the Tirolerhof is also available as a biscuit bakehouse. Special guided tours and craft activities also make the time pass more quickly on Christmas Eve.
Schönbrunn Zoo Entrance via Hietzinger Tor/Hietzinger HauptstraßeSchönbrunner Schlosspark, 1130 Wien
- Your benefit with the Vienna City Card: 3€ off
- January daily, 09:00 - 16:30
- February daily, 09:00 - 17:00
- March daily, 09:00 - 17:30
- April-September daily, 09:00 - 18:30
- October daily, 09:00 - 17:30
- November-December daily, 09:00 - 16:30
- no steps (Swinging doors )
Parking spaces for people with disabilities
at Elisabethallee, entrance Tirolerhof
- Parking spaces for people with disabilities
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Special offers for people with disabilities
Tours for visitors with disabilities and special needs on request.
Access to buildings and enclosures without steps or via ramp.
- Main entrance
Christmas manger in the Lainz Game Reserve
A life-sized Christmas manger greets all visitors to the Lainz Game Reserve in the Advent and Christmas weeks. The wonderful wooden figures stand at the Lainzer Tor main gate and await your visit to the Hermes Villa Park. The manger can be viewed from the first weekend in Advent until the middle of January 2019.
Lainz Game PreserveLainzer Tor, Hermesstraße, 1130 Wien
- +43 1 4000 49 200 (Visitor Center)
Information on opening times, recreational opportunities and arrival by public transport: www.wien.gv.at/umwelt/wald/erholung/lainzertiergarten/
- Free admission