Ten Questions for Paul Ivic
- What is your favorite dish in Viennese cuisine, and who does it best?
Goulash at Hausmair on Lerchenfelder Strasse.
- Where are the best cakes and desserts to be found in Vienna?
I love the cakes and pastries at Crème de la Crème on Lange Gasse, Viola on Strozzigasse, and Marischka on Gredlerstrasse.
- Where do you most like to relax in Vienna?
Riding my road bike on the Danube Island, and walking in the vineyards on the hills.
- In which restaurants are we likely to find you in your free time?
Luckily there are a lot of good restaurants to choose from. To name a few: Mast wine bistro, O boufés, Mayer & Freunde, Schank zum Reichsapfel, Gasthaus Hausmair, Café Balthasar, Steirereck, Konstantin Filippou, Mraz & Sohn, Silvio Nickol, Alma Gastrothèque, Öfferl on Wollzeile, and my Tian bistro.
- What is your favorite area of Vienna?
That’s a difficult question – there are so many nice areas.
- Where do you take visitors to Vienna?
That’s easy: Nussberg (a hill in the 19th district with vineyards and a view over Vienna), and above all my favorite places to eat and drink.
- Where are the best delicatessens?
For me the best is Mayer & Freunde on Jasomirgottstrasse.
- Which places, restaurants and chefs in Vienna inspire you?
Vienna has a very high concentration of top chefs, and we keep up a very good exchange and friendly relationships. We push each other to achieve excellence and are happy to see one another succeed.
- Which of Vienna’s traditional markets is your favorite?
At the moment my favorite is the Karmelitermarkt. I like the atmosphere and I love the Krautwerk vegetable stall.
- A personal insider tip for Vienna?
Discover the culinary diversity of Vienna – and most importantly experience it!
Interview: Susanne Kapeller
There are even more cool stories, exciting interviews, and curious tales about Vienna in the new Vienna, Intl.
Tian restaurant ViennaHimmelpfortgasse 23, 1010 Wien
- Tu - We, 17:45 - 21:00
- Th - Sa, 12:00 - 14:00
- Th - Sa, 17:45 - 21:00
- 21:00 - Last Order
- 2 Steps (Automatic sliding doors )
- no steps
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
- Main entrance