Schloss Hof & Niederweiden Palace
At more than 50 hectares, Schloss Hof, the former country residence of Prince Eugen of Savoy and Maria Theresia, is the largest country castle complex in Austria. The imperial dream home of the former owners can be marveled at in the grand palace. Outside, there are magnificent Baroque gardens with splendid fountains and sculptures on seven terraces stepping gentle down to the March. The imperial castle sits on an idyllic estate containing nine exciting adventure walks, varied themed gardens and lots of rare breed pets, as well as an adventure playground and a leisure park for children and families with its own water playground.
With its exhibitions and numerous events for the whole family, Schloss Hof is always worth a visit. Annual highlights of the event calendar include the Easter market, the games festival, the musketeer games, the garden shows, the Pentecost fair, the camel festival, the full moon nights, the holiday fun, the horse festival and the atmospheric Christmas village in advent.
Castle tour in German: daily 11:00 and 14:00
Castle tour in English: every Sunday 10:30
Castle tour in Slovakian: every Sunday and on Slovakian public holidays 11:30 and 13:30
Garden tour in German: in good weather, daily at 15:00 with audio guide in German, English or Slovakian
Audio guides: German, English, Slovakian
Guided tours (also in other languages) at www.schlosshof.at and anytime by prior appointment.
Jan 1 - March 6, 2016: Sat, Sun, public holidays 10:00-16:00
March 12-Nov 27, 2016: daily 10:00 - 18:00
Christmas village from Nov. 19, 2016 on the 5 weekends before Christmas, Sat 10:00 - 20:00, Sun & public holidays 10:00-18:00
In 2016, the idyllic hunting lodge includes a special exhibition on “Franz Joseph 1830-1916 | Hunting & Leisure” and an attractive program of events. It is just two kilometers from Schloss Hof. The Baroque architectural jewel was built in 1693 by Johann Bernhard Fischer of Erlach and bought in 1726 by Prince Eugen of Savoy, who used it as a venue for lavish hunting parties. With the elegance of a French pleasure chateau and the charm of a stately northern Italian villa, it radiates a very special appeal. You can also enjoy the Baroque splendor of a hearty venison dish in the attached game kitchen.
- Imperial hunt menu in the Baroque venison kitchen: May 7, June 3, Aug. 19, Sept. 10, Sept. 30
- Cookery workshop on “Cooking venison on Baroque fireplaces”: April 22, May 21, June 17, Sept. 17
- Guided tours of the special exhibition: Sat, Sun, public holidays 11:00, 14:00, and 16:00
- Audio guides in German, English and Slovakian
- Family guided tours of the special exhibition: Sat, Sun, public holidays 12:30
March 16 - November 27, 2016, daily 10:00-18:00
Schloss HofSchlosshof 1, 2294 Schlosshof
- Your benefit with the Vienna Card: 15% off
- until 27.11. daily, 10:00 - 18:00
- 3.12.-20.12. Sa - Su, 10:00 - 18:00
- 3.12.-20.12. on holidays, 10:00 - 18:00
- no steps
- Parking spaces for people with disabilities
- 100 cm wide and 165 cm low , Door 90 cm wide
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Special offers for people with disabilities
Free wheelchair rental (by prior arrangement).
Exhibition rooms, restaurant / café: no steps. Wheelchair ramps in the garden.
- Main entrance
Schloss NiederweidenNiederweiden, 2292 Engelhartstetten