Cemetery of the Nameless
In the old days, the bodies of drowned persons washed ashore here. Many of them remained unidentified - nameless. In the meantime, the river flows differently, and nobody washes ashore here anymore. The cemetery remains, framed idyllically by large trees and hidden behind a dam.
The older part of the cemetery is overgrown by trees and completely wild. A total of 478 unknown people were buried here from 1840 to 1900. The cemetery was frequently flooded and only one memorial cross reminds us of these deaths today.
Cemetery of the Unnamed (Friedhof der Namenlosen)Alberner Hafen , 1110 Wien
- March daily, 07:00 - 18:00
- April daily, 07:00 - 19:00
- May - August daily, 07:00 - 20:00
- September daily, 07:00 - 19:00
- October daily, 07:00 - 18:00
- November - February daily, 07:00 - 17:00