Fire Service Museum
Back in 1685, the four "fire hands" at the time stored their extinguishers in the Civil Amory built in the 16th century. Nowadays, the building is home to the headquarters of the Vienna Fire Service and the Fire Service Museum. The development of firefighting is vividly traced in the birthplace of the world's oldest professional fire service.
While the fire trucks are lined up on the ground floor, the world of the firefighters is presented in the museum upstairs. The history of the professional fire service is an exciting way of tracing the development of the firefighting. The biggest call-outs of the past, such as the fire at the Ringtheater or the Rotunde, are presented here in detail.
An audio guide in German and English can be downloaded with the app from Hearonymus before visiting the museum.