The Third Man Museum
Thirteen rooms with 2,500 original exhibits and the film zither of Anton Karas can be seen. His film music went around the world and triggered a real zither boom in the 1950s. Four hundred playable cover versions of the "Harry Lime theme" give an impression of how successful the music was at the time.
In addition, the museum owns original screenplays, cameras used on set and the cap of little Hansel. One of the highlights is a still functioning cinema projector from 1936, which plays back a short film sequence. "The Third Man" was screened on such projectors for the first time in 1950. - A film that shows Vienna like no other - a city destroyed by war and occupied by the Allies.
The private museum is in the vicinity of the atmospheric Vienna Naschmarkt and depicts everyday life in post-war Vienna with a spectacular collection of originals from around the world as much as the piece of cinematic history associated with this film.
The Third Man Museum also presents regular zither concerts: The musician Cornelia Mayer plays musical highlights from the classic film "The Third Man" live on stage. Information
Note: The Third Man Museum will be closed for its winter break from January 6 to February 28, 2020.
Special exhibitions 2019-2021:
- Tribute to Orson Welles (March 2, 2019 - May 4, 2020)
- "The Third Man" turns 70: Anniversary exhibition on the 70th anniversary of the film premiere of "The Third Man" (May 11, 2019 - January 6, 2021)
Third Man Museum (Dritte Mann Museum)Pressgasse 25 , 1040 Wien
- Adults €8,90
- Children €4,50
- Your benefit with the Vienna City Card: 23% off , 2€ off , Special offer
- Weekday tours available, check online for details
- 06.Jan.2020 to 28.Feb.2020