Panda twins at the zoo
Schönbrunn Zoo has been one attraction richer since August 2016 and also done something good for species conservation: Both panda twins - "Fu Feng" (Lucky Phoenix) and "Fu Ban" (Lucky Half, Lucky Companion) - are totally adored by the public. Every day, they conquer their enclosure and even climb the tallest trees - always under the watchful gaze of their caring mother "Yang Yang", of course.
The successful breeding of panda twins is extremely rare. Often only one of the two young animals survives. However, Schönbrunn Zoo has many years of experience rearing pandas: It has successfully bred the threatened bears on three previous occasions. All three pandas born in Vienna are now living in China. Fu Feng and Fu Ban will also move there in around two years' time. But until then, they can be visited in Schönbrunn Zoo.
Schönbrunn Zoo Entrance via Hietzinger Tor/Hietzinger HauptstraßeSchönbrunner Schlosspark, 1130 Wien
- Your benefit with the Vienna City Card: 3€ off
- January daily, 09:00 - 16:30
- February daily, 09:00 - 17:00
- March daily, 09:00 - 17:30
- April-September daily, 09:00 - 18:30
- October daily, 09:00 - 17:30
- November-December daily, 09:00 - 16:30
- no steps (Swinging doors )
Parking spaces for people with disabilities
at Elisabethallee, entrance Tirolerhof
- Parking spaces for people with disabilities
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Special offers for people with disabilities
Tours for visitors with disabilities and special needs on request.
Access to buildings and enclosures without steps or via ramp.
- Main entrance