Klimt used the garden house, which was originally built without a first floor, as a studio room and workshop during his final creative period. On the ground floor, the studio has been authentically reconstructed on the basis of contemporaneous descriptions and illustrations. The aim is to convey the atmosphere of his living and working environment and to make the contents tangible.
This is done through the reconstruction of the furnishing of the "reception room" and the "studio" on the basis of photographs by Moritz Nähr and available original samples of objects (e.g. carpet). The other rooms of the studio provide information on models and "clients", who were of importance to Klimt's works from this creative period.
Klimt-VillaFeldmühlgasse 11, 1130 Wien
- Adults €10
- Children (to 12 years) €8
- Your benefit with the Vienna Card: 25% off
- 12.Mar.2015 to 11.Jul.2015
- 30.Jul.2015 to 31.Dec.2015
- Th - Sa, 10:00 - 18:00
- Open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays by request; closed on statutory public holidays
- no steps
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Access to the exhibition is wheelchair-accessible, the rooms also have few barriers. The entire garden is wheelchair-accessible.
- Main entrance