Order the award-winning "Beauty and the Abyss" magazine
Viennese Modernism from the comfort of your home: In our wonderful, strictly limited, award-winning coffee table magazine "Beauty and the Abyss", you'll learn all there is to know about Vienna around the year 1900 and the aftereffects that can still be felt to this day. There are 100 pages of interviews, photo spreads, exciting commentaries, recipes and much more besides on the big topic for 2018: "Beauty and the Abyss. Klimt.Schiele.Wagner.Moser." - all presented in a contemporary and exclusive design with modern layouts. The magazine is available only from us in German and English editions.
About the contents (selection)
- We spoke to Nobel Prize winner Eric Kandel about Viennese Modernism and the bite of contemporary werewolves.
- Our correspondent in Los Angeles visited the son of Arnold Schönberg at his home in the city.
- Art collector and Klimt fan Ronald Lauder spoke to us about his love for "Adele".
- Star baritone Thomas Hampson explains the fascination for Gustav Mahler and why it still persists to this day.
- Illustrator Barry Blitt, who works for the New Yorker magazine, among others, drew the "Millennial Modernists" exclusively for us.
- Star chef Heinz Reitbauer from Restaurant Steirereck developed three dishes exclusively for us as a modern interpretation of Viennese cuisine around the year 1900.
- Elisabeth Leopold knows why Schiele once struck like a meteor.
- Bestselling author Vea Kaiser tells us about her (since discarded) plan to make big money with Klimt.
Inside the magazine is a brochure containing all exhibitions and special tours on the main theme for the year 2018. So that you can plan your perfect trip to Vienna.
How to order your copy*!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Subject: "Beauty and the Abyss" magazine
- Title, last name and first name
- Address (street, house and door number, city, country)
- Required edition: German or English
Have a good read!
* Please note that we are only able to send 1 copy of this strictly limited special edition per person. We regret that it is not possible to mail copies within Vienna. You are welcome to collect your copy in person from the dispatch department of the Vienna Tourist Board (Invalidenstrasse 6, 1030 Vienna) from Monday to Friday between 8.00 am and 4.00 pm.