Welcome back to Vienna!
The joy is enormous: Hotels, restaurants as well as theaters, opera houses, concert halls, cinemas and leisure facilities such as the Vienna Prater with its world-famous Ferris wheel are finally open again. Vienna is thus once again becoming a livable imperial metropolis of art and culture, attracting guests from all over the world. - A comeback that has been long awaited.
Entry regulations have also been eased, especially for guests who do not come from risk areas or regions with virus mutations. Guests from low-incidence states, for example, can enter easily upon proof of vaccination, negative testing or recovery.
All this is now possible again in Vienna:
- Prerequisites for visiting venues, hotels and cultural events are either a negative Corona test, proof of vaccination (valid for 22 days from first bite) or confirmation that one has recovered from Covid. PCR tests are valid for 72 hours, antigen tests for 48 hours, self-tests with digital solution for 24 hours.
Extensive testing services in Vienna
- In restaurants, 10 people (+ children) are allowed per table outdoors, 4 (+ children) indoors. Closing time is at 10 pm. Vaccinated, recovered and tested persons can visit the gastronomy. Those who do not have a negative test may exceptionally do so in the restaurant (valid only for the duration of the visit). Guests must register. An FFP2 mask must be worn away from the assigned area.
- Hotels have reopened for leisure guests. Tested, vaccinated and recovered persons are thus finally allowed to stay overnight in Vienna again.
- Theaters, opera houses, concert halls, cinemas and other cultural institutions are allowed to sell a maximum of 50 % of the seats. In theaters, one seat must remain free between groups of visitors. FFP2 masks are compulsory, and entry is only possible for those who have been tested, recovered or vaccinated.
- FFP2 masks are mandatory to wear in museums. 20 m² per person must be ensured. Access tests are not required.
- Events (i.e. also fairs, congresses, meetings) are possible again. A maximum of 1,500 people may attend indoors, and a maximum of 3,000 outdoors. Requirements: assigned seating, access only for those tested, recovered or vaccinated.
- For wellness areas (in hotels or spas), outdoor pools and indoor sports facilities (e.g. fitness centers), 20 m² per guest is mandatory. Vaccinated, recovered or tested persons are allowed to visit them.
- Spas and recreational facilities such as the Vienna Prater are open again.