House of Music for Kids
Conduct the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra - and the musicians will judge how good you are. Have a go at banging the timpani or discover what a baby can hear from the safety of its mother's tummy - it's possible at the House of Music.
With the installation Namadeus you can have your own name displayed as a Mozart composition - there is a certificate for this.
The special interactive virtostage for children presents the "zookonzert", where the kids can prompt the crocodile to sing the blues, the frog to dance the polka and the centipede to tap-dance.
Here they can also learn a few facts about the greatest composers of bygone days. Exciting stories from the lives of Beethoven and Mozart await visitors.
Exciting tours and fascinating children's concerts are also on the bill.
- Guided tour for children (in German): Every Saturday and Sunday at 2 pm, experience a journey of discovery at the House of Music. For children from 5 - 10, prior reservation required Tel: +43 1 513 48 50 (Mon-Fri 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.), duration: 2 hours, meeting point: inside courtyard near box offic
- Individual tour for children on the HdM Guide for Families App: Pauki Knaller welcomes the young visitors and helps them discover the sound museum in all its facets. With exciting stories about the great composers! (App for free, in English and German)
House of Music (Haus der Musik) The Sound MuseumSeilerstätte 30 , 1010 Wien
- Your benefit with the Vienna City Card: 29% off / 4€ off
- Adults €13
- Children (0 to 3 years) €0
- Children (4 to 11 years) €6
- Family €29
- "Night Ticket" (8 - 10 p.m.): 6,50 €. Combination ticket House of Music & Mozarthaus Vienna: 18 €.
- Mo, 10:00 - 22:00
- Tu, 10:00 - 22:00
- We, 10:00 - 22:00
- Th, 10:00 - 22:00
- Fr, 10:00 - 22:00
- Sa, 10:00 - 22:00
- Su, 10:00 - 22:00
- on holidays, 10:00 - 22:00
- 24.12. 10a.m. - 6 p.m., 23.03. 10a.m. - 6p.m. (5p.m. last admission)
- no steps (Automatic sliding doors )
- no steps
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Special offers for people with disabilities
Tours in sign language on request, as well as tours for blind and visually impaired people.
Access to all exhibition rooms and café: no steps (via elevator).
- Main entrance