House of Music
Conduct the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra - and the musicians will judge how good you are. Have a go at banging the timpani or discover what a baby can hear from the safety of its mother's tummy - it's possible at the House of Music.
Little visitors can even experiment with their own compositions on the computer and record their creations on a CD to take home.
The special interactive virtostage for children presents the "zookonzert", where the kids can prompt the crocodile to sing the blues, the frog to dance the polka and the centipede to tap-dance.
Here they can also learn a few facts about the greatest composers of bygone days. Exciting stories from the lives of Beethoven and Mozart await visitors.
Exciting tours and fascinating children's concerts are also on the bill.
- Guided tour for children (in German): Every Saturday at 2 pm and every Sunday at 10 am and 2 pm, experience a journey of discovery at the House of Music. For children from 6 - 12, prior reservation required Tel: +43 1 513 48 50 (Mon-Fri 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.), duration: 1.5 hour, meeting point: inside courtyard near box office
House of Music (Haus der Musik) The Sound MuseumSeilerstätte 30 , 1010 Wien
- Adults €13
- Children (0 to 3 years) €0
- Children (4 to 11 years) €6
- Family €29
- "Night Ticket" (8 - 10 p.m.): 6,50 €. Combination ticket House of Music & Mozarthaus Vienna: 18 €. Ticket "Museumsmelange": pick 2 out of 4 museums (Mozarthaus Vienna, KunstHausWien, Vienna Jewish Museum, House of Music) for 18 €
- Your benefit with the The official Vienna Card: 4€ off
- daily, 10:00 - 22:00
- no steps (Automatic sliding doors )
- no steps
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Access to all exhibition rooms and café: no steps (via elevator).
- Main entrance