Mozarthaus for Kids
The Mozarthaus Vienna is a place where you can experience the world of Mozart, with the historic Mozart apartment on the second floor at its center. Between 1784 and 1787, Wolfgang Amadé Mozart lived a luxurious life with his family in four large rooms, two smaller rooms, and a kitchen. As a man of society, he hosted many lively parties here. Mozart took the talented Johann Nepomuk Hummel into his home for a number of years and taught him free of charge. He also composed his world-famous opera Le Nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro) here.
Mozart's music is illuminated on the third floor; you can, for example see a 3D installation of the Magic Flute. The city of Vienna during Mozart's time is the topic of the fourth floor, including his connection to the secret society of the Freemasons.
On Mozart’s Tracks
For the offspring there is a children's audio guide in eight languages free of charge. Little Mozart detectives search the house with a free puzzle questionnaire.
Mozarthaus ViennaDomgasse 5, 1010 Wien
- Adults €11
- Young people under 19 €4,50
- Family €24
- Combination ticket with the House of Music: 18 €. Ticket "Museumsmelange": pick 2 out of 4 museums (Mozarthaus Vienna, KunstHausWien, Vienna Jewish Museum, House of Music) for 18 €
- Your benefit with the The official Vienna Card: 2/4€ off
- daily, 10:00 - 19:00
- no steps (Double swinging doors 250 cm wide )
- 150 cm wide and 150 cm low , Door 90 cm wide
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Access to all exhibition rooms and the events hall: no steps.
- Main entrance