ZOOM Children's Museum
Children discover the world here with all the senses. Of course, adult companions are also welcome and can take an active part in the programs. The ZOOM Children's Museum in the MuseumsQuartier offers a year-round program of exhibitions and workshops as well as a unique multimedia laboratory:
ZOOM Ocean (8 months - 6 years)
The ocean is an exciting play and adventure area for toddlers and preschool children. In the "Underwater World" there's a glittering water grotto, a mirror tunnel and a coral reel with tickly anemones waiting to be experienced. A ramp leads bigger explorers to the "ship's deck" of the Famosa, the ship of the ZOOM Ocean. Here, they slip into the role of the ship's crew and invent their own games. They catch fish, untie knots, turn the ship's wheel or communicate with the lighthouse.
ZOOM Studio (3-12 years)
In the Studio, the children work together with artists and can try out a wide range of techniques and materials. This is where the children can paint, cut, build, spray, fabricate, make things out of felt, paste, glue, model and much more besides.
ZOOM Hands-on-Exhibition (6-12 years)
Interactive, changing participatory exhibitions make big topics from the worlds of science, art, everyday culture and architecture into something that children can comprehend and experience with their senses. No entrance fee for children.
ZOOM Animation Studio (8-14 years)
In the ZOOM Animation Studio, the multimedia laboratory, children and young adults slip into the roles of scriptwriters, editors, camera operators, photographers and sound engineers. Using new technologies, they put together their own animations as well as sound collages and pop songs.
Reservations recommended (> online up to 1 hour before the start, by phone: Tel.: (01) 524 79 08)!
All ZOOM programmes have fixed times!
- ZOOM Hands-on-Exhibition: Child: free admission; adult: €5.00
- ZOOM Ocean: Child: €3.00 (free admission for one adult per child); adult: €5.00; groups of 10 or more children: €3.50 per child
- ZOOM Studio: Child: €6.00 (free admission for one adult per child); adult: €5.00; groups of 10 or more children: €5.00 per child
- ZOOM Animation Studio: Child: €6.00 (parents/guardians free); groups of 10 or more children: €5.00 per child
- Family Ticket: For up to 2 adults and 3 children: €15.00
Zoom Children's Museum (ZOOM Kindermuseum)Museumsquartier, Museumsplatz 1, 1070 Wien
- Your benefit with the Vienna City Card: 1€ off
- Tu - Su
- Summer hols, until Sept. 3, 2017: Tue – Sun 12.45 – 5.00 pm. CLOSED from Sept. 4 to 28, 2017. From Sept. 29, 2017: Tue – Thu 8.30 am – 4.00 pm, Sat, Sun, PublHols and during school holidays (except Mon.): 9.45 am – 4.00 pm
- no steps (Double swinging doors 170 cm wide )
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
All rooms without steps, elevator by the steps near the Soundlab.
- Main entrance