Literature, Maps & Apps
The Vienna bike map is available free at Vienna Hotels & Info (Tel. +43 1 24 555, firstname.lastname@example.org). For detailed tips for bicycling in Vienna and its environs look at the following maps which are available at bookstores. The text is mostly in German, but the maps offer useful information):
- Bicycle Tour Book Danube Bicycle Path. Verlag Esterbauer (www.esterbauer.com). Part 2: Passau-Vienna & Part 3: Vienna-Budapest
- The Danube Cycleway. Volume 1: From the source in the Black Forest to Budapest & Volume 2: From Budapest to the Black Sea. Cicerone (www.cicerone.co.uk). only in English!
The following maps can be purchased at www.freytagberndt.com:
- Vienna bike map. Cycle routes and paths, mountain bike routes.
- Hiking, Bicycle and Leisure Time Map Danube Bicycle Path Passau/ Eferding / Sauwald / Schärding (WK 432)
- Bicycle Guide Danube Bike Trail Passau – Vienna – Bratislava (FF 6649), 8 day stages incl. map materials. Kompass
- Bicycle Tour Map Danube Bike Trail 2: From Passau via Vienna to Bratislava 1:50,000 (FTK 7004), Kompass
- Vienna Woods, Hiking and bike map 1:50,000 (WK 209), Kompass
- Vienna Woods: Set of bike-hike maps with nature guide (WK 208), Kompass
Bike apps for Vienna
- Bike Citizens bike app: for iPhone and Android; Navigation also functions offline, real-time navigation, voice instructions, tour suggestions, www.bikecitizens.net
- Bike Citizens route planner: map.bikecitizens.net
- AnachB route planner: free app for iPhone and Android; use the route planner to find the most convenient route through Vienna, www.anachb.at
- Bikemap Vienna: free app with navigation function for discovering popular routes in Vienna as well as extended bike tours in the hills surrounding the city. www.bikemap.net