Jogging & Walking
While running and Nordic Walking, you can experience Vienna up close. For example, on the Prater Hauptallee, on the Danube Island, in the Vienna Woods or in various parks. The nearby Prater and Danube Island recreational area offer flat, "fast" routes for all training requirements. The hiking paths in the Vienna Woods have interesting and challenging ascents and descents.
Running according to plan is something that you can do on 31 different running and Nordic Walking routes. The specifically signposted routes extend from the Prater to the old Danube. At the respective starting point and end point of each route, there are "Running Checkpoints" with details on the length, course and peculiarities of that respective route, as well as useful running tips. More information (in German) on the routes at www.runningcheckpoint.at
- Vienna City Marathon (more than 40,000 participants come to Vienna for the mega-event every year)
- New Year's Eve Run (in German)
- Wiener Halbmarathon (Half Marathon in April)
- Laufen hilft - Österreichs Laufopening ("Running helps" in March, Website only in German)
- Austrian Women's Run (May)
- X-Cross Run (obstacle course in June at Krieau & Prater - Website only in German)
- wienathlon - run.climb.jump (obstacle course in the Kurpark Oberlaa in June - Website only in German)
- Vienna Night Run (September/October - Website only in German)
- Guided jogging tours
- Women's running-meets in Vienna: free, all year round, in every kind of weather and without registration.
Park at Schönbrunn Palace Entrance at Hietzinger TorMaxingstraße
KrieauNordportalstraße 247, 1020 Wien