Parking in Vienna
Short-stay parking zones in Vienna are:
- Districts 1 to 9 and 20: Monday to Friday, except public holidays, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m., max. stay 2 hours
- Districts 12 and 14 to 17: Monday to Friday, except public holidays, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., max. stay 3 hours
- Special scheme near the Stadthalle: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.; Saturday, Sunday and public holidays 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., max. stay 2 hours
Short-term parking zones are only posted at the entrance to the respective district.
Different short-term parking rules may apply in the shopping streets of Vienna and are posted separately in such places.
Residents' parking spaces: In districts 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8 and 9, there are parking spaces specifically reserved for local residents - these can NOT be used with a valid parking ticket (penalties apply!). These zones are designated by no stopping/no parking signs with additional panels "excluding vehicles with a parking sticker for district xx and people with disabilities (wheelchair symbol)".
In all short-term parking zones, you must have a parking ticket from the first minute of parking onward, even for short stops to unload luggage. 15-minute free parking tickets are available and can be obtained from your hotel. The 15-minute parking tickets may not be combined with other parking tickets.
Parking tickets are available from
- Tobacco shops
- Cigarette machines
- Filling stations
- Wiener Linien (Vienna Transport Authority) ticket offices
- Wiener Linien ticket machines
- Via Handyparken (mobile phone parking ticket service)
Price for 30 minutes: 1 €
If you use multiple parking tickets at once, enter the same starting time on each.
Guests with disabilities need a parking permit in order to enjoy unlimited parking in disabled parking spaces and in Vienna’s short-stay parking zones. The permit must be placed in a visible location behind the windscreen. The presentation of a parking permit requires the possession of a disabled pass with the supplemental entry “Unreasonableness of the use of public transport due to permanently restricted mobility as a result of a disability”.
If your hotel does not have parking facilities, please ask at the reception for an all-day parking permit.
You can park you car very inexpensively at Vienna's Park & Ride Garages for about 3,40 euros per day. All Park & Ride facilities are directly connected to a subway line, making it easy and convenient to reach the city center.
Garages in the city center and nearby are also available with higher rates.