The Volkstheater was opened in 1889 as a "bourgeois counterpart" to what is now known as the Burgtheater. The theater's repertoire includes Austrian, German and international classics.
- Closed from January 2020 due to renovation (theater procuctions move to different locations, see website).
(Double swinging doors
accessible only via steps
- (Double swinging doors 150 cm wide )
entrance via Museumsstrasse
- no steps (Swinging doors )
- 4 Parking spaces for people with disabilities
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- 10 Wheelchair spaces available (entrance above Museumsstrasse)
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Special offers for people with disabilities
Theater tour for the visually impaired.
- Main entrance