Imperial Burial Vault (Kapuzinergruft) KaisergruftTegetthoffstraße 2
The Imperial Burial Vault is located beneath the Capuchin Church and is intended for members of Austria's former Habsburg dynasty. 149 Habsburgs, including 12 emperors as well as 19 empresses and queens, have their final resting place here.
- Guided tours Wed-Sat 2 pm (German) and 3.30 pm (English)
- Your benefit with the Vienna City Card: 20% off , 1,50€ off
- Mo - Su, 10:00 - 18:00
- Th, 09:00 - 18:00
- 1 and 2 November: 10.00 am - 2.00 pm, 24 and 31 December: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
- no steps (Automatic sliding doors 142 cm wide )
- 110 cm wide and 135 cm low , Door 90 cm wide
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Access to all exhibition rooms: no steps, except 3 steps to the tomb of emperor Franz Joseph and to the burial vault chapel.
The touching of objects is not permitted due to reasons of preservation.
- Main entrance