Current coronavirus regulations in Vienna
As of July 1, 2023 all coronavirus restrictions have been removed. This means:
- You can enter Austria without documentary requirements or evidence (vaccinated - tested - recovered)
- No restrictions on movement in the event of illness.
- Many pharmacies (website in German) offer a COVID-19 testing service. Please contact your chosen pharmacy in advance by phone or e-mail to find out whether and what type of tests (PCR and/or antigen) will be performed.
- Many private laboratories in Vienna still provide testing facilities for PCR and antigen testing. DermaCare (Morzinplatz 4, 1010 Vienna) and the COVID City Test Center (Zaunergasse 4, 1 floor, 1030 Vienna) provide fast results from PCR tests within a few hours.
- Coronavirus tests are offered at the Health Center at Vienna Airport.
If you suspect you have been infected with coronavirus, please act as you would if you had contracted any other communicable disease: please stay in your accommodation and avoid crowds and public transport. Wearing a mask when interacting with other people is recommended. Wearing a mask when interacting with other people is recommended.
Telephone hotline: The free healthcare hotline 1450 offers medical advice around the clock, seven days a week.