View across Vienna's Ringstrasse, with the Natural History Museum, Parliament and City Hall
Votivkirche von außen (Seitenfront)

Votive Church (Votivkirche)

Rooseveltplatz 8
1090 Wien

Construction on the second-tallest church in Vienna began in 1856 as a symbol of gratitude for an unsuccessful assassination attempt on Emperor Franz Joseph. The Neo-Gothic church was consecrated in 1879 on the occasion of the imperial couple's silver wedding.

  • Opening times

    • Tu, 10:00 - 18:00
    • We, 10:00 - 18:00
    • Th, 10:00 - 18:00
    • Fr, 10:00 - 18:00
    • Sa, 10:00 - 18:00
    • Su, 09:00 - 13:00
    • The museum is currently closed for renovations.