Vienna’s English Theatre
World premieres with comedies, thrillers, farces, English and American classics, musicals, dramas, and contemporary works make this theater a real gem in Vienna's art scene. And a permanent feature: with an impressive 5,000 subscribers who regularly make their way here. So get your tickets in good time!
The theater developed into an artistic and social institution in no time at all, with an exciting program and top-class performers.
The high degree of professionalism drew and continues to draw nationally and internationally renowned actors from the worlds of film and theater to Josefsgasse, including Joan Fontaine, Anthony Quinn, Horst Buchholz, Linda Gray, Larry Hagman, Princess Grace of Monaco, Dame Anna Neagle, Siobhan McKenna, Benedict Cumberbatch and Dame Judi Dench, as well as Jean-Louis Barrault, Jeanne Moreau, and Jean-Paul Belmondo, who made appearances for the Théâtre Français de Vienne.
Vienna's English Theatre
- Ticket office hours Mo - Fr, 10:00 - 19:30
- Ticket office hours Sa, 17:00 - 19:30
- Ticket office hours on holidays, 17:00 - 19:30
- Ticket office hours on days without plays Mo - Fr, 10:00 - 17:00
- closed on days without plays Sa,
- closed on days without plays on holidays,
- no steps
Car parks Main entrance
Parking spaces for people with disabilities
in front of main entrance
- Parking spaces for people with disabilities
- 2 Wheelchair spaces available
- Main entrance