Kahlenberg Forest Rope Park
The Kahlenberg Forest Rope Park is amongst the biggest of its kind anywhere in Austria: there are a total of 17 courses (3 degrees of difficulty) with a total length of 1.8 km on an area of 30,000 m². 150 exercises and obstacles – from rope bridges to wobbly nets to flying foxes – are waiting to be overcome. Aside from fun and action, the new perspective of the trees in the Vienna Woods is particularly impressive. The climbing adventure can also be tackled every Friday and Saturday in the dark. Several hundred accompanying lanterns hanging in the trees give the Forest Rope Park a very special charm (until 11.00 pm). The Vienna Woods Biosphere Park did not suffer any damage during construction of the facilities, parts of which are 20 meters high. That's because the stations are secured on the trees in a way that avoids damaging them.
The slackline area and the pixie course can be visited for free. The smallest visitors can romp around and try out the course at a low height.
And how does it work?
- After a brief introduction, the climbing can begin.
- A modern safety system (smart belay system) and experienced guides ensure that the climbing activities can be enjoyed free from accidents. If it becomes too much, you can stop at any time and return to solid ground.
- Children under 14 years of age may only use the park when accompanied by an adult.
- Sturdy footwear is a requirement.
- Safety equipment can be obtained at the entrance to the park.
A pleasant end to your visit
The "Josefinenhütte"- also known as "Die Hütte am Weg" or "the hut on the path" - is the start and end point of every tour through the Forest Rope Park and is the ideal place to enjoy the diverse dishes of Viennese cuisine after a tiring day of climbing. Of course, you can also take the short footpath to the top of the Kahlenberg to take in the view over the whole of Vienna from the panorama terrace in the Skyline Lounge Restaurant.
Kahlenberg Forest Rope ParkJosefsdorf 47
- prices vary by body size and age
Josefinenhütte Die Hütte am WegJosefsdorf 47
Skyline Lounge RestaurantAm Kahlenberg 2-3