Danube Island Festival
For one weekend at the end of June, Vienna's Danube Island becomes a mega-party site for around three million visitors. Musicians of all genres will offer 600 hours of concerts at the Danube Island Festival. There's entertainment on various themed islands to suit every age and taste. Numerous food and drinks booths ensure that no one goes hungry or thirsty.
1,500 artists, 13 stages, 17 islands
The line-up of the top acts for the 36th edition of the Danube Island Festival will be finalized during May. One thing is sure - there is a tremendous choice: rock, pop, alternative, indie, punk, hip hop, oldies, electro, German-language pop, folk music, cabaret and readings. Here's an overview of some of the highlights:
- The German cult rock band Tocotronic
- Hugel, the French DJ Florent Hugel (remix producer of the Italian song "Bella Ciao")
- The quirky Brits The Tiger Lillies celebrate 30 years on stage
- The Hungarian DJane Viktoria Metzker
- The Austropop special presents a concentrated red-white-red line-up: Christina Stürmer, Jazz Gitti, Virgina Ernst, legend Wolfgang Ambros, the drum and bass duo Camo & Krooked, the DJs Darius & Finlay, cabaret with Lisa Eckhart and Stermann & Grissemann, hit singer Marco Ventre and the "Carinthian hit whirlwind" Melissa Naschenweng.
The Rock the Island Contest offers countless rising stars and new talents the opportunity to perform. Those who want to share in the spotlight can participate in karaoke.
Sport, Action, Fun
Island visitors young and old can refresh themselves on the Family Island and have fun with many activities. On the Action & Fun Island, a number of challenges await the brave: At the Bagjump, you land on the air cushion after a flight of 10 meters; the drop is even bigger from the 15 meter-high Flower Tower. Or dare a ride in the Rrrrodeo
36th Danube Island Festival
June 21-23, 2019
Information and program: