Danube Island Festival
For one weekend at the end of June, Vienna's Danube Island becomes a mega-party site for around three million visitors. Musicians of all genres will offer 600 hours of concerts at the Danube Island Festival. There's entertainment on various themed islands to suit every age and taste. Numerous food and drinks booths ensure that no one goes hungry or thirsty. For those who like to shop, the Kreativmarkt pop-up offers original wares from 20 young designers.
200 live acts, 11 stages, 18 islands
The line-up of the top acts for the 35th edition of the Danube Island Festival will be finalized by mid-May. One thing is sure - there is a tremendous choice: rock, pop, alternative, indie, punk, hip hop, oldies, electro, German-language pop, folk music, cabaret and readings. Here's an overview of some of the highlights:
- Lisa Stansfield: Main act on Saturday ("All Around the World")
- Wanda: The Viennese Band sends kisses with its song "Bussi Baby".
- Antilopen Gang: The German band’s album “Anarchie und Alltag” from 2017 was enormously successful.
- Portugal. The Man: Indie-rock band from the USA with frontman John Gourley (“Feel It Still”)
- Fedde le Grand: Dutch house DJ and music producer (“Put Your Hands Up for Detroit”)
- Möwe: The Viennese deep house indie-pop duo presents danceable tunes (“Blauer Tag”).
- Gert Steinbäcker & Band: The STS (his former band) veteran offers Austrian hit songs such as “Großvater”.
- Konstantin Wecker: With classics and new German songs
- Münchener Freiheit: The charismatic band performs hits such as “Ohne dich” and “SOS” along with songs from the new album.
- Best of I Am From Austria: Elisabeth Engstler and Andreas Steppan perform the greatest hits by Rainhard Fendrich.
- Wiener Blond: The pop duo dedicates itself to new Viennese songs with the Original Wiener Salonensemble.
- Lukas Resetarits: The Austrian cabaret performer creates a great atmosphere with his “70er – leben lassen” program.
Those who want to share in the spotlight can participate in karaoke for the first time this year to win fabulous prizes as the star of the day.
Sport, Action, Fun
Island visitors young and old can refresh themselves on the Family Island and have fun with many activities. On the Action & Fun Island, a number of challenges await the brave: At the “Bag Jump”, they can try out stunts from a 10-foot tower. On the Action & Fun Island, a number of challenges await the brave: At the “Bag Jump”, they can try out stunts from a 10-foot tower. Or they can register for stage flying: With a safety rope, daredevils can sail 160 meters above the party crowd with the Flying Fox.
35th Danube Island Festival
June 22-24, 2018
Information and program: