Danube Island Festival
From 23 to 25 June, Vienna's Danube Island becomes a mega-party site for around three million visitors. Musicians of all categories will offer 600 hours of concerts at the Danube Island Festival. There's entertainment on various themed islands to suit every age and taste. Numerous food and drinks booths ensure that no-one goes hungry or thirsty, and - a first this year - there are two gourmet zones called Island Gardens.
200 live acts, eleven stages, 16 islands
The line-up of the top acts for the 34th edition of the Danube Island Festival will be finalized by mid-May. One thing is sure - there is a tremendous choice: Rock, pop, alternative, indie, punk, hip hop, oldies, electro, German-language pop, folk music, cabaret and readings. Here's an overview of some of the highlights:
- Falco Tribute Concert: Falco's legendary 1993 Danube Island gig will be re-enacted with the original band. The German hip-hop band Fettes Brot, Julian le Play and Georgij Makazaria of Russkaja have already confirmed their attendance.
- The Swedish rock-pop band Mando Diao are also among the headline acts. Moop Mama from Munich will also definitely be there.
- DJs will create a great atmosphere for dance/electronic fans, including Sweden's Mike Perry ("The Ocean") and the Austrian Rene Rodrigezz ("Rave it").
- Two thirds of the acts come from Austria, including the singer-songwriter and author Der Nino aus Wien. The chanson singer Norbert Schneider will present a tribute to the late Austrian pop legend Georg Danzer, who died ten years ago.
- Swing comes in the form of Marianne Mendt (with Ella Fitzgerald hits) as well as Alkbottle front man Roman Gregory (with Dean Martin evergreens).
- The legendary skier and German-language pop star Hansi Hinterseer will make his Island debut this year, while Marc Pircher from the same genre is already a regular performer here.
Sport, Action, Fun
Island visitors young and old can refresh themselves in the cool water of the Family Island: The water slide is 70 meters long. On the Action & Fun Island, a number of challenges await the brave, such as the inflatable obstacle course "The Beast", and the "Bag Jump", a ten-meter jump into a gigantic air cushion.
34th Danube Island Festival
23-25 June 2017
Information and program:
Danube IslandDonauinsel, 1220 Wien