- Information at service center: +43 1 51444 4140
- Box office : +43 1 51444 4440
- Tickets (credit card) : +43 1 513 1 513
The building on the Ring was built between 1874 and 1888 according to plans by Gottfried Semper and Karl von Hasenauer and remains one of the leading establishments for German-language theater productions today.
(Double swinging doors
ramp will be mobilized, please ring the porter
- Ramp 300 cm wide
- no steps (Double swinging doors 170 cm wide )
Parking spaces for people with disabilities
in the Burgtheater parking lot – Volksgarten side
- 3 Parking spaces for people with disabilities
- 180 cm wide and 200 cm low , Door 160 cm wide
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- 12 Wheelchair spaces available (in the auditorium, access with the elevator)
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Special offers for people with disabilities
At each performance, the Burgtheater provides places in the stalls with acoustic amplification by means of induction for visitors who wear a hearing aid. The acoustic signal is also amplified for all visitors. This can be received in the theater during the performance on radio frequency 99.2 MHz using a radio receiver, mobile telephone or MP3 player with radio reception. Please bring your own headset.
Special tours for visitors with disabilities and special needs on prior notification.
Prior notification is necessary for visitors with wheelchairs for admission tickets and tours. Tel. +43 1 514 44-4140, email@example.com
- Side entrance