Theater an der Wien
Productions in the 2021-22 season
From the birth of opera to the present:
- Cavalieri's Rappresentatione di Anima et di Corpo (1600) in a production by Robert Carsen with the Baroque ensemble Il Giardino Armonico
- Britten's Peter Grimes with Eric Cutler in the title role, in Christof Loy's award-winning production.
- Catalani's La Wally, with Izabela Matula as Wally
- Handel's Giulio Cesare, with Bejun Mehta in the title role, directed by Keith Warner
- Puccini's Tosca, produced by Martin Kušej and Ingo Metzmacher
- Janáček's Jenůfa, produced by Lotte de Beer, with Nina Stemme and Svetlana Aksenova
- Anniversary concert with Albert Lortzing's comic opera Der Waffenschmied with Nikolaus Habjan and Günther Groissböck
- "Concert scene" from Schubert's Winterreise with Florian Boesch
Tip: Chamber Opera
The Young Ensemble of the Theater an der Wien can be experienced in the Kammeroper, the second performance venue of the Theater an der Wien. Much is possible: from the portrait concert to the unconventional reinterpretation of a major opera. You can get especially close to the performers in the little opera house in the heart of the city.
Theater an der WienLinke Wienzeile 6
- no steps
Car parks Main entrance
Parking spaces for people with disabilities
in front of the theatre (from 6 pm)
- Parking spaces for people with disabilities
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- 2 Wheelchair spaces available (stalls)
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
- Main entrance
Chamber Opera (Kammeroper)Fleischmarkt 24