Personal user data (in particular name, user name, password, email address, title and country) will be processed by the Wiener Tourismusverband (hereinafter “Vienna Tourist Board”) only in accordance with the provisions of the Austrian Data Protection Act.
The following points contain information about the type, scope and purpose of the collecting, processing and use of personal details in the context of the vienna.info website as well as related subsites and microsites which are created for promotions, prize contests, videos and other purposes. All of the following provisions also apply expressly for such subsites and microsites.
The Vienna Tourist Board will store the disclosed user data with care but is unable to assume any liability for attacks perpetrated by hackers.
2. Automatic data collection
For technical reasons, the following user data transmitted to the Vienna Tourist Board by the user's Internet browser is captured:
- browser type and version;
- user's operating system;
- website that refers the user to vienna.info (referrer URL);
- website visited by the user;
- date and time of day of the visit;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of the user's computer.
3. Data use
The Vienna Tourist Board uses the personal data provided by the user (name, address, user name, password, email address, title, country) as follows:
- The user is required to register with vienna.info in order to create travel plans. Users need only provide the details (email address, display name (user name), password) indicated with an asterisk. Any other details (e.g. telephone or fax number) are optional. The travel planner uses the user data (email address, display name, password) to store the travel plan that the user has initiated. The email address, display name and password are required to authenticate the user for use of the travel planner.
- Users have the possibility to subscribe to a newsletter on the vienna.info website. In additional to the mandatory provision of email address, country and language choice, the user can optionally also provide his or her name. Users who no longer wish to receive the newsletter can cancel their subscription using the cancel option shown in all newsletters. In this case, the details provided at the time of subscribing to the newsletter will be deleted.
- The Vienna Tourist Board uses the IP address and log files of a user during use of the vienna.info website in order to generate banner ads to inform the user about offers that might be of interest to the user.
5. Analysis of the vienna.info website
The Vienna Tourist Board uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (hereafter referred to as "Google"), to improve and optimize the vienna.info Internet presence. Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files that are stored on the user's computer and enable an analysis of the user's visits to the website. The information about the use of this website generated by the cookie is generally transmitted to a server used by Google in the US and stored there. The Vienna Tourist Board has activated "_anonymizeIp()" for the vienna.info website. With this extension, IP addresses are processed in an abbreviated form in order to prevent direct association with an individual. Due to the IP anonymization on this website, the IP addresses of users within the Member States of the European Union or within contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area are first shortened by Google. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The information collected through the use of Google Analytics on the vienna.info website will be processed by Google as a service provider for the Vienna Service Board to analyze the use of the website in order to compile reports on the website activities and to provide the Vienna Tourist Board with additional services in connection with the use of the website and the Internet. The IP address transmitted by the user's browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be associated with other data held by Google. By visiting the vienna.info website, the user declares his or her agreement to use of the data collected about the user in the above-mentioned manner and for the above-mentioned purpose. Users can prevent the saving of cookies by disabling this function in their browser software, but please note that users may in this case be unable to make full use of all functions of the website. In addition, users can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and associated with their use of the website (incl. their IP address), the passing of this data to Google as service provider and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available on the following page: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
6. Social plug-ins
6.1 Which social plugins are used?
The Vienna Tourist Board uses social plugins (e.g. Share, Like buttons) of the following social networks on the vienna.info website:
- facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (hereinafter "Facebook"),
- twitter.com, operated by Twitter, Inc, 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA (hereinafter "Twitter"),
- Google+, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter "Google+")
Each of these plugins is identified with the logo of the corresponding social network.
6.2 Data transfer through social plugins
By integrating the plugin, the operator of the social network receives the information that a user has accessed the corresponding website of the vienna.info internet presence. When the user interacts with social plugins, the corresponding information is sent by the user’s browser directly to the operator of the social network, where it is saved.
7. Supplying information
Upon request, the user can receive information about the personal or user name-related data stored on the website. This information can also be provided electronically, if desired.
To receive this information, please contact:
The Vienna Tourist Board
ph. (+43 1) 24 555
fax (+43 1) 24 555-666
Consent for the use of wien.info/ vienna.info domains
- I agree that the Vienna Tourist Board may store my personal details (user name, password, email address) and my IP address when I register on vienna.info (for services requiring registration, in particular the travel planner), in order to enable me to use the information and services offered on vienna.info.
- I agree that the Vienna Tourist Board may use my IP address and my log files while I am using the vienna.info site in order to place banner advertisements informing me about offers that could be of interest to me.
- I agree that my IP address and my log files (data about the use of the vienna.info site) will be used for a statistical evaluation of the vienna.info advertising offering. For this purpose, the Vienna Tourist Board avails itself of Google Analytics, whereby IP addresses and log files concerning my visit to the vienna.info website are sent to Google Inc., the service provider, for the purpose of analyzing the use of the vienna.info website. The extension “_anonymizeIp()” renders my IP address anonymous, meaning that it can no longer be directly related to me. I acknowledge that I may prevent the storage of cookies by making corresponding settings in my browser software, although this can result in the inability to use all functions of the website to their fullest extent. I also acknowledge that I can deactivate Google Analytics by installing a browser add-on (available for download at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de) and in doing so can withdraw my consent for the use of Google Analytics.
- I agree that my IP address and my log files (data about the use of the vienna.info website) will be sent to the respective operator(s) of the corresponding social network(s) in the event of the use of social plugins provided by Facebook, Google+ or Twitter. I acknowledge that operators of social networks may collect data about me via the vienna.info website by means of social plugins and that I may only prevent this by logging my user account off social networks before I visit the vienna.info website.
- I agree that the Vienna Tourist Board may place cookies on my computer for the purpose of rendering its services. I acknowledge that I may prevent the storage of cookies by making corresponding settings in my browser software, although this can result in the inability to use all functions of the website to their fullest extent.
I acknowledge that I can withdraw my consent in full or in part at any time in writing by sending a letter to Wiener Tourismusverband, Invalidenstrasse 6, A-1030 Vienna. I will use the aforementioned method for the revocation of point 3, point 4 and point 5.