The Vienna Tourist Board processes all personal user data (in particular the name, user name, password, email address, title and country) in total compliance with the conditions of the Austrian Data Protection Act.
The following points provide information about the type, scope and purpose of the elicitation, processing and usage of personal data in the scope of the vienna.info website:
While the Vienna Tourist Board stores the supplied user data with the utmost care, it cannot accept any liability for attacks made by hackers.
2. Automatic data collection
For technical reasons, the following user data transmitted to the Vienna Tourist Board by the user's Internet browser is captured:
- browser type and version;
- user's operating system;
- website that refers the user to vienna.info (referrer URL);
- website visited by the user;
- date and time of day of the visit;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of the user's computer.
3. Data use
The Vienna Tourist Board uses the personal data provided by the user (name, address, user name, password, email address, title, country) as follows:
- The user is required to register with vienna.info in order to create travel plans. Users need only provide the details (email address, display name (user name), password) indicated with an asterisk. Any other details (e.g. telephone or fax number) are optional. The travel planner uses the user data (email address, display name, password) to store the travel plan that the user has initiated. The email address, display name and password are required to authenticate the user for use of the travel planner.
- Users have the possibility to subscribe to a newsletter on the vienna.info website. In additional to the mandatory provision of email address, country and language choice, the user can optionally also provide his or her name. Users who no longer wish to receive the newsletter can cancel their subscription using the cancel option shown in all newsletters. In this case, the details provided at the time of subscribing to the newsletter will be deleted.
- The Vienna Tourist Board uses the IP address and log files of a user during use of the vienna.info website in order to generate banner ads to inform the user about offers that might be of interest to the user.
The Vienna Tourist Board has installed cookies on vienna.info for the purpose of performing its services and to transfer information through vienna.info. Cookies are small text files, which the user's Internet browser deposits and stores on the user's computer. This makes it possible for the Vienna Tourist Board to recognize repeated visits to the vienna.info website by the same user. The installation of cookies is required especially to create a travel plan. Travel plans are published only in an anonymous version (i.e. without stating the user name of the user who created the travel plan).
Based on the installed cookies, the Vienna Tourist Board also informs the user about offers that may be of interest to the user in the form of banner ads on our Partner Website (personalized banner activations).
Users can prevent the installation of cookies by disabling this function in their browser software, but the Vienna Tourist Board points out that this would prevent the user from accessing all of the functions of the vienna.info website to their full extent.
5. Analysis of the vienna.info website
The Vienna Tourist Board uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (hereafter referred to as "Google"), to improve and optimize the vienna.info Internet presence. Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files that are stored on the user's computer and enable an analysis of the user's visits to the website. The information about the use of this website generated by the cookie is generally transmitted to a server used by Google in the US and stored there. The Vienna Tourist Board has activated "_anonymizeIp()" for the vienna.info website. With this extension, IP addresses are processed in an abbreviated form in order to prevent direct association with an individual. Due to the IP anonymization on this website, the IP addresses of users within the Member States of the European Union or within contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area are first shortened by Google. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The information collected through the use of Google Analytics on the vienna.info website will be processed by Google as a service provider for the Vienna Service Board to analyze the use of the website in order to compile reports on the website activities and to provide the Vienna Tourist Board with additional services in connection with the use of the website and the Internet. The IP address transmitted by the user's browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be associated with other data held by Google. By visiting the vienna.info website, the user declares his or her agreement to use of the data collected about the user in the above-mentioned manner and for the above-mentioned purpose. Users can prevent the saving of cookies by disabling this function in their browser software, but please note that users may in this case be unable to make full use of all functions of the website. In addition, users can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and associated with their use of the website (incl. their IP address), the passing of this data to Google as service provider and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available on the following page: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
6. Social plug-ins
6.1 Which social plug-ins are used?
WienTourismus uses social plug-ins (e.g. Share, Like buttons) from the following social networks on the wien.info website:
- facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (henceforth referred to as "Facebook"),
- twitter.com, operated by Twitter, Inc, 795 Folsom St., Suite 600,San Francisco, CA 94107, USA (henceforth referred to as "Twitter"),
- google+, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (henceforth referred to as "Google+")
These plug-ins are identified with the logo of the relevant social network.
6.2 Data transfer using social plug-ins
When a party registered with a social network and also a currently logged on user of a website accesses the wien.info website, which contains such a plug-in, the user's browser establishes a direct link with the servers of the social network using cookies which have been set by the social network. It is also possible that social networks can identify from the plug-in that a user who is logged on is on the wien.info website, without the plug-in being clicked on.
Through the integration of the plug-in, the operator of the social network receives the information that the user has accessed the relevant site of the wien.info Internet presence. If the user interacts with social plug-ins, the relevant information is sent by his browser directly to the operator of the social network and stored there.
6.3 "A second click to share the page"
In order to explicitly inform users of the wien.info website about this data transfer, a second confirmation click has been introduced on the wien.info website, with this the sharing is only activated then.
Please note the Declaration of consent for the use of social plug-ins!
If users do not want operators of social networks to gather data about them through the wien.info website, they must log out of social networks prior to visiting the wien.info website. For this, it is necessary for the user to activate the logout/logoff function on the social network. It is not sufficient to only close the website of the social network.
7. Supplying information
Upon request, the user can receive information about the personal or user name-related data stored on the website. This information can also be provided electronically, if desired.
To receive this information, please contact:
The Vienna Tourist Board
ph. (+43 1) 24 555
fax (+43 1) 24 555-666
User agreement for www.wien.info/ www.vienna.info
- I agree to have the Vienna Tourist Board store my personal data (user name, password, email address) as well as my IP address in the course of my registration at vienna.info (for services requiring registration, especially the travel planner) in order to enable my usage of the information and services offered on vienna.info.
- I agree to have the Vienna Tourist Board use my IP address and log files during my visit to the vienna.info website in order to generate banner ads to inform me about offers that might be of interest to me.
- I agree to have my IP address and log files (data about my use of the vienna.info website) used for a statistical evaluation of the vienna.info website offers. The Vienna Tourist Board uses Google Analytics for this purpose, which means that IP addresses and log files about my visit to the vienna.info website will be transmitted to Google Inc. as a service provider for the purpose of analyzing the usage of the vienna.info website. With the extension "_anonymizeIp()", my IP address will be anonymized, meaning it will no longer be possible to directly associate the IP address with an individual person. I acknowledge that I have the opportunity to prevent the saving of cookies by configuring a corresponding setting in my browser software, although this will prevent me from making full use of all functions of the website. I further acknowledge that I can revoke my permission to use Google Analytics and disable the processing of my data by Google Analytics by installing a browser add-on (available at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
- I consent to my IP address and my logfiles (data about the use of the wien.info website) being sent to the relevant operator of the respective social network when using social plug-ins of Facebook, Google+ or Twitter. I acknowledge that operators of social networks gather data about me using social plug-ins through wien.info and that I can prevent this by logging off from social networks prior to visiting the wien.info website.
I acknowledge that I can cancel this agreement in whole or in part at any time by sending a letter to the Vienna Tourist Board, Invalidenstrasse 6, A-1030 Vienna. I will select the procedures described above for the purpose of cancelling point 3 and point 4.