Summit of celebrity chefs
A hundred award-winning chefs and a hundred winemakers from across Austria (and neighboring countries) will gather in Vienna for the Gault & Millau Genuss-Messe 2022 on September 17 and 18. At the Kursalon, visitors can sample everything from award-winning pub food to stunning avant-garde creations. Representatives of Vienna’s premium dining scene include:
- Heinz Reitbauer from the restaurant Steirereck in the Stadtpark
- Konstantin Filippou from the restaurant Konstantin Filippou
- Silvio Nickol from the gourmet restaurant of the same name in Palais Coburg
- Paul Ivic from the vegetarian restaurant Tian
- Andreas Spindle from the restaurant Ludwig Van
- Sascha Hoffmann from the restaurant Schubert
Everything of renown and stature from the other federal provinces is represented – from Alain Weissgerber from the Taubenkogel in Burgenland to Rudi Obauer from Salzburg to Lukas Nagl from the Bootshaus in Traunkirchen. For visitors, it's a unique opportunity to experience such a line-up of leading chefs in a single place.
The right accompaniment to the culinary highlights comes from the 100 winemakers who will be presenting their wines at the Gault & Millau Genuss-Messe. Among them: Domäne Wachau, Weingut Bründlmayer, the royal winery of the Prince of Liechtenstein, and from Vienna the vineyards Cobenzl, Mayer am Pfarrplatz, and Fuhrgassl-Huber.
In addition to the sampling, there’s also the chance to watch selected leading chefs at work in the show kitchen.
Gault & Millau Genuss-Messe 2022
September 17-18, 2022
Sa 12.00 noon – 6.00 pm, Su 12.00 noon – 6.00 pm
Included in the admission price is the unlimited sampling of all drinks and dishes of the award-winning chefs.