Information for your stay in Vienna with the family
Before your trip to Vienna
Wien Hotels & Info informs you about family rooms, books your accommodation and sends brochures to your home for you to browse.
When in Vienna
You'll receive free information on Vienna and a city map with the opening times of most attractions in our tourist info. The comprehensive and free wienXtra-kinderinfo in the MuseumsQuartier provides information on the current Vienna program for kids. Vienna tips for youngsters aged 13 and over is available in the wienXtra-jugendinfo.
Children up to 6 years of age always travel for free on Vienna's public transport services. During the Vienna school holidays as well as on Sunday and public holidays, all children under 15 years of age ride for free on public transport. This rule also applies to students attending an Austrian school until they turn 24 - student ID required!
- Half-price tickets for children from 6 to 15 years: €1.20 in advance as well as on board the tram and bus. Each stamped ticket is valid up to the destination, including (several) transfers. This ticket is also valid for the carriage of dogs on Vienna's public transport services. There are no multi-day tickets for children or seniors.
- What's more: For each Vienna City Card, which offers more than 210 discounts at attractions, restaurants, out shopping and free travel on the subway, bus and tram (or in combination with Hop-On-Hop-Off with Big Bus) for 24, 48 or 72 hours, one child up to its 15th birthday rides along for free.
Family Fun Gate at Vienna Airport
And when it’s time to fly home again, the little passengers can pass the time before departure in a special area in Check-in 3 that’s open around the clock. The area of around 90 m2 has slides, a climbing wall, a climbing frame, a maze, a revolving door and foam snakes. A nappy-changing station is available for the very little ones. And any number places for the parents to sit.
Tourist Info ViennaAlbertinaplatz/Maysedergasse
- daily, 10:00 - 18:00
- no steps (Automatische Schiebetüre 150 cm wide)
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
Special offers for people with disabilities
Tactile Vienna maps for the visually impaired are available for disposal on location. Wheelchair users can make use of an accessible service point equipped with a tablet.
- Main entrance
wienXtra Children's InformationMuseumsQuartier/Hof 2, Museumsplatz 1
- Tu - Fr, 14:00 - 18:00
- Sa - Su, 10:00 - 17:00
- on holidays, 10:00 - 17:00
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Double swinging door with time-delayed closing mechanism, opens to the outside
2 steps inside the facility to the cuddle area for small children
- Further information