City Airport Train (CAT)
The City Airport Train (CAT) is the quickest connection from the airport to downtown Vienna (Wien Mitte, connections to U3, U4, rapid transit railway) and plies between the airport and the city every 30 minutes daily from 5.37 am to 11.38 pm and vice versa.
The self-service check-in at the City Air Terminal at Wien Mitte is available daily from 5.00 am to 11.00 pm for selected Star Alliance flights (Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Brussels Airlines, etc.) from 24 hours up to 75 minutes before departure. For information about which flights are available for check-in at the City Air Terminal and when, please refer to the City Check-In overview
Passengers can also check in at the City Air Terminal at Wien Mitte for flights with Eurowings, Luxair and Peoples Viennaline. The exact check-in times for these flights can be found either by contacting customer services of the individual airlines or in the City Check-In overview
Having checked into the selected airline at the City Air Terminal at Wien Mitte, passengers can drop off their bags by presenting a valid CAT ticket and receive their boarding pass in return. This does away with the need for check-in and baggage drop at the airport, and travelers can head straight to the security check.
From Vienna Airport to the City Air Terminal (Wien Mitte):
daily from 6.08 am to 11.38 pm, every 30 minutes
From the City Air Terminal (Wien Mitte) to Vienna Airport:
daily from 5.37 am to 11.07 pm, every 30 minutes
- Single: €14,90, return: €24,90 (valid six months from date of purchase)
- Discount with the Vienna City Card and for online bookings
- Children under the age of 15 travel free, wheelchair riders enjoy discounted tickets
- 50% discount on the ticket price for holders of the Austrian KlimaTicket, the Wiener Linien annual ticket or the ÖBB Vorteilscard (please show the relevant discount card to the inspector on board the train)
Tickets can be purchased at www.cityairporttrain.com, from ticket machines and from tourist information at the airport.
The journey from/to the airport is included in the "Vienna City Card Transfer" and "Vienna City Card Transfer+Tour"
CATch the City - Stopover products
If you have a stopover of four hours or more, it's worth taking a trip into Vienna and spending the time in the city.
There are three combination offers with the CAT ticket to choose from:
- Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour: City tour with the yellow Hop-On Hop-Off buses of Vienna Sightseeing Tours (red line). The station is just a few minutes' walk from the CAT terminal at Wien Mitte.
- A ride on the Giant Ferris Wheel in the Prater
- A visit to Mozarthaus Vienna
The tickets cost €39 each. Each offer includes a return ticket on the CAT and a day ticket for use on public transport in Vienna (valid until midnight, excludes the Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour).
CATch the City tickets can be purchased at the CAT counter in the arrival hall at Vienna Airport or from the CAT sales agents in the baggage reclaim hall.
You must note and fulfill the immigration requirements for the Schengen Zone when visiting Vienna (passport, visa...).
You can find more details on the stopover products at stopover.cityairporttrain.com