Museum of Technology
The multimedia show with numerous experiments turns a visit to this museum into an adventure for all of the senses. In a high-voltage performance, the secret of charges, electricity and electro-magnetic fields is uncovered. Be amazed by lightning – your hair will stand on end. Visit the replica mine, genuine down to the smallest detail, under the Museum of Technology.
Join in the daily High Voltage Performance and/or the Mining Tour. On Weekends and pub. hols. there is a Demonstration of the "Schnittlok" steam locomotive, too. Times and registration
For children from 2-6 years old
The museum's area for small children is dedicated to the playful side of technology. Here children can encounter technological and scientific phenomena for the first time, in a child-friendly setting in 350 m². Please: Hands on!
Open daily: 10 am - 5.45 pm
TIP: "mini mobil"
The 600 m² adventure area for children aged 2 to 8: Here children will find out everything there is to know about the exciting topic of mobility!
Areas full of adventure and discovery:
- Road circuit: Get behind the wheel of all sorts of vehicles and dart through the town, tunnels and countryside on our special track.
- Ship: Ship ahoy! Cast your rod over the railing and try out your angling skills. Or open up the treasure chest and dress up as a pilot, astronaut or police officer. In the meantime the adults can relax on deck and watch over you as you negotiate the circuit.
- Space: Meanwhile the youngest among might want to explore space, launch a rocket, or build a lunar landscape.
- Airport: Perhaps help with the baggage security checks and with loading the aircraft. Fly the model airplane from the cockpit of our ‘mini mobil aircraft’ and try and fly it above the clouds – but don’t forget to fuel up the aircraft beforehand.
Open daily: 10 am - 5.45 pm
Vienna Museum of Technology (Technisches Museum Wien)Mariahilfer Straße 212
Your benefit with the Vienna City Card:
Additional information on the offer: Standard ticket price: 14€
- Your benefit with the Vienna City Card: -20%
- Mo, 09:00 - 18:00
- Tu, 09:00 - 18:00
- We, 09:00 - 18:00
- Th, 09:00 - 18:00
- Fr, 09:00 - 18:00
- Sa, 10:00 - 18:00
- Su, 10:00 - 18:00
- on holidays, 10:00 - 18:00
- no steps (Doppelschwingtüre 160 cm wide)
Car parks Main entrance
- Parking spaces for people with disabilities
- Door 88 cm wide
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Special offers for people with disabilities
Free admission to the museum for visitors with special needs. Rental wheelchairs available, special tours for people with disabilities and special needs, tours for visitors with special needs on request, translator for the hearing-impaired available on request (Reservations: Tel. +43 1 899 98–3001).
All rooms accessible with special wheelchair elevators (ask museum staff for assistance).
- Main entrance