Summer in the MQ
Vienna's MuseumsQuartier (MQ) is one of the biggest cultural areas in the world. The mix of large museums, small cultural initiatives and trendy bars is a success story. The outdoor season starts this year on 18 May with the SummerOpening. Until the end of September, the inner courtyards of the MuseumsQuartier draw visitors with a boules area, cozy guest gardens, cool weekend sounds by DJs as well as the stylish MQ furniture to relax on.
New this year is the playable sculpture park "MQ Amore", which opened on 6 April. On the square in front of the MQ, artists have created twelve sculptures in the form of mini-golf courses, which visitors are actually allowed to play on. Open until October from 10.00 am to 8.00 pm (in summer until 10.00 pm).
Summer of Movement
This year's subject "Summer of Movement" surprises visitors with a large number of open-air concerts from classical to Austrian pop and dance performances – with free admission to the main courtyard of the MuseumsQuartier:
- The Wiener Symphoniker play the most popular dances from the world of classical music
We 14 June, 8.30 pm
- BePhilharmonic: Youth initiative of the Wiener Philharmoniker
Fr 16 June, 5.30 pm (in Arena21 in the event of bad weather)
- Gasmac Gilmore (Viennese rock band)
Th 22 June, 7.00 pm
- Guitar concert to mark the 200th anniversary of the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna (mdw)
Th 29 June, 7.30 pm (in Arena21 in the event of bad weather)
- Paul Nouvet
We 19 July, 7.00 pm
- Concert of the International Music Academy Orpheus
Fr 4 August, 7.30 pm (in Arena21 in the event of bad weather)
- European Union Youth Orchestra: Grafenegg presents musical talents from across Europe
Su 6 August, 6.00 pm
- Scheibsta & die Buben (hip-hop/rap)
We 16 August, 7.00 pm
- Summer, Sounds and Students: The international Summer Academy of the mdw presents young soloists and ensembles
Su 27 August, 5.00 pm (in Arena21 in the event of bad weather)
- Daily dance performances by various companies
We 30 August to Sa 9 September
The O-Töne Literature Festival organizes first-class open-air readings again, every Thursday in July and August. Film fans also get their money's worth in July and August: During the summer, the frame[o]ut festival provides audiovisual surprises on the outdoor cinema screen in the MQ, every Friday at 9.30 pm, starting on 7 July.
Numerous exhibitions and workshops in the museums and institutions of the MuseumsQuartier are also part of the Summer of Movement.
The entire program can be found at www.mqw.at
Summer at MQ
18 May - 30 September 2017
MuseumsQuartier ViennaMuseumsplatz 1 , 1070 Wien
- no steps
Parking spaces for people with disabilities
6 parking spaces within the MuseumsQuartier complex
- 4 Parking spaces for people with disabilities
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Special offers for people with disabilities
Wheelchair service in the MQ-Point by the main entrance: daily 10 am – 7 pm free rental (form of ID left as a deposit). Inductive audio systems in the auditoriums (Hall E + G).
Seeing-eye dogs by prior arrangement with the respective cultural institutions.
Access to all MuseumsQuartier institutions: no steps. All public elevators are suitable for wheelchairs.
- Main entrance