From its magnificent staircase and splendid ceiling frescos by the Klimt brothers and Franz Matsch to the gallery with portraits of contemporary Austrian actors.
Meeting point: Main entrance / Kassenhalle (no registration for individual guests required).
Duration: about 50 minutes
Guided tours from September to June, daily at 3.00 pm, Mo to Th in German with English summary, Fr to Su and Pub. Hols. in German and English, other languages on request.
Registration for groups:
Information Service Center (Mon–Fri 09:00–17:00, Jul– mid Aug Mon–Fri 10:00–14:00, Thu 9:00-17:00)
Burgtheater, box office lobby
Universitätsring 2, 1010 Vienna
Tel (+43 1) 514 44-4140
Fax (+43 1) 514 44-4143
Please give advance notice if wheelchair access is required
BurgtheaterUniversitätsring 2, 1010 Wien
- +43 1 51444 4140 (Tickets & information at service center)
- +43 1 51444 4440 (Evening box office)
- +43 1 513 1 513 (Tickets (credit card))
- Guided tours: in German (with English summaries), time: about one hour Mo - Th, 15:00
- Guided tours: in German and English; other languages upon request, time: about one hour Fr - Su, 15:00
(Double swinging doors
ramp will be mobilized, please ring the porter
- Ramp 300 cm wide
- no steps (Double swinging doors 170 cm wide )
Parking spaces for people with disabilities
in the Burgtheater parking lot – Volksgarten side
- 3 Parking spaces for people with disabilities
- 180 cm wide and 200 cm low , Door 160 cm wide
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- 12 Wheelchair spaces available (in the auditorium, access with the elevator)
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Special offers for people with disabilities
At each performance, the Burgtheater provides places in the stalls with acoustic amplification by means of induction for visitors who wear a hearing aid. The acoustic signal is also amplified for all visitors. This can be received in the theater during the performance on radio frequency 99.2 MHz using a radio receiver, mobile telephone or MP3 player with radio reception. Please bring your own headset.
Special tours for visitors with disabilities and special needs on prior notification.
Prior notification is necessary for visitors with wheelchairs for admission tickets and tours. Tel. +43 1 514 44-4140, email@example.com
- Side entrance