Guided tours of the Burgtheater
From the grand staircases with the famous ceiling paintings by brothers Gustav and Ernst Klimt and Franz Matsch to the sculpture collections of notable poets, from the gallery of honor with portraits of famous ensemble members to the technology of the biggest dramatic theater in Europe - the Burgtheater (National Theater).
Guided tour "Burgtheater - A peek behind the scenes"
No reservation necessary for single guests.
Tickets can be collected at the meeting place from 15 minutes before the start of the tour: Main entrance / ticket hall.
Duration: about 50 minutes
When: daily at 3.00 pm
September to June: Mo-Th in German with summary in English, Fr-Su and hols. in German and English
Juli, August: Daily in German and English
Registration - for groups and wheelchair users
Burgtheater information service center: Mo-Fr 9.00 am - 5.00 pm, July to middle of August: Mo, Tu, We, Fr 10.00 am - 2.00 pm, Th 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Tel. (+43 1) 514 44-4140
BurgtheaterUniversitätsring 2, 1010 Wien
- +43 1 51444 4140 (Information at service center)
- +43 1 51444 4440 (Box office)
- +43 1 513 1 513 (Tickets (credit card))
- Guided tours: in German (with English summaries), time: about one hour Mo - Th, 15:00
- Guided tours: in German and English; other languages upon request, time: about one hour Fr - Su, 15:00
(Double swinging doors
ramp will be mobilized, please ring the porter
- Ramp 300 cm wide
- no steps (Double swinging doors 170 cm wide )
Parking spaces for people with disabilities
in the Burgtheater parking lot – Volksgarten side
- 3 Parking spaces for people with disabilities
- 180 cm wide and 200 cm low , Door 160 cm wide
- Seeing eye dogs allowed
- 12 Wheelchair spaces available (in the auditorium, access with the elevator)
- Wheelchair accessible restroom available.
Special offers for people with disabilities
At each performance, the Burgtheater provides places in the stalls with acoustic amplification by means of induction for visitors who wear a hearing aid. The acoustic signal is also amplified for all visitors. This can be received in the theater during the performance on radio frequency 99.2 MHz using a radio receiver, mobile telephone or MP3 player with radio reception. Please bring your own headset.
Special tours for visitors with disabilities and special needs on prior notification.
Prior notification is necessary for visitors with wheelchairs for admission tickets and tours. Tel. +43 1 514 44-4140, email@example.com
- Side entrance