Rent a Radel
1,400 kilometers of bike paths in Vienna will make it especially easy for you to decide that you can't do without a bike on vacation. Vienna offers many way to discover the city by bike even without your own bicycle and guided bike tours simplify your planning. Bicycles, mountain bikes and e-bikes can be rented at the bike rental outlet; you can find a selection of bike rental outlets below.
Bike-sharing always and everywhere
The successful concept of Citybike Wien has been a part of the Viennese cityscape for over 15 years. In face, the idea of the Citybike originally comes from Vienna and has been found in many capital cities around the world ever since. In Vienna, the bikes are available at over 120 stations around the clock and throughout the year – and the Viennese aren't the only ones to cover thousands of kilometers on the Citybikes every day.
Electric bike charging points
Vienna already offers numerous electric bike charging stations. Electric bikes can be charged for free at all Wien-Energie filling stations. Charging points can also be found along popular bicycle paths:
- Charging point at Vienna University of Technology, 4th district, Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10
- Charging point on Danube Island at bike rental "Donau-Fritzi", 19., Donaupromenade / on the International Danube Cycle Path
You can find all e-charging stations of Wien-Energie on a map online or ask directly at the bike rental outlet.
Public air pumps
Easy to operate, public air pumps are available for cyclists at heavily frequented places in Vienna:
- 1010 Vienna, Universitätsring (at Café Landtmann)
- 1020 Vienna, Prater (next to the bike counting station)
- 1030 Wien, Rennweg (crossing of Rechte Bahngasse)
- 1040 Vienna, Karlsplatz (crossing of Wiedner Hauptstrasse)
- 1070 Vienna, Siebensternplatz
- 1200 Vienna, Engerthstrasse (Millennium Tower)
- 1120 Vienna, Bruno-Pittermann-Platz (subway station Längenfeldgasse)
- 1150 Vienna, Urban Loritz Platz
- 1150 Vienna, Westbahnhof Station (Europaplatz)
- 1180 Vienna, Währinger Strasse (crossing of Sensengasse)
- 1180 Vienna, Peter-Jordan-Strasse (BOKU, Türkenschanzpark)
- 1220 Vienna, Seestadt Aspern (U2 Station Seestadt)
Bike rental in Vienna
The platform listnride.com has many different kinds of bicycles, such as electric bikes, mountain bikes, racing bikes, etc., all of which are available for rent to private individuals and bicycle shops.
You will need a form of ID, which the rental company will keep until you return the bike. In case of bad weather or in the off-season, please check in advance whether the bike rental outlet is open. For companies that offer e-bikes, as well as for free charging points, see the following list.
Vienna Explorer Tours & Day TripsFranz-Josefs-Kai 45
Pedal Power Bike rentals & sightseeing toursBösendorferstraße 5
Bike ViennaHegelgasse 19
- Mo - Fr, 09:00 - 19:00
- Sa, 10:00 - 17:00
bike 20 – Bicycle Rental & Bike WorkshopFriedrich-Engels-Platz 6/Kapaunplatz
Opening hours according to website
Aschauers bicycle rental on the Danube Island at the Floridsdorf Bridge car parkFloridsdorfer Brücke
- Mo - Su, 10:00 - 18:00
Bike rental in good weather, closed in bad weather, special rules for making an appointment
Electric bike rental:
Bicycle MechanicGredlerstraße 2
- March to November Mo - Fr, 10:00 - 17:00
- December and February (Please note winter break dates!) Mo - Fr, 10:00 - 14:00
Bicycle Rental HochschaubahnPrater 113, Prater Hauptallee/Schweizerhaus
10 a.m. to sunset
EnzoveloSpittelauer Lände 11
- Mo - Fr, 10:00 - 18:00
- Sa, 10:00 - 15:00
Die Radstation Vienna Main Station / Wien HauptbahnhofAm Hauptbahnhof 1
Opening hours according to website
Radsport Nussdorf Donau FritziDonaupromenade
Daily 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Daily 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- 1 February to 31 March
Bicycle and Skate Rental Copa CagranaReichsbrücke/Donauinsel/Am Damm 1
- May to August daily, 09:00 - 21:00
- April, September daily, 09:00 - 20:00
- March, October daily, 09:00 - 18:00