The Zuckerlwerkstatt (Sugar Workshop)
The Zuckerlwerkstatt (Sugar Workshop) in Vienna city center is a go-to address for the sweet-toothed: Candies and treats are made by hand in the Zuckerlwerkstatt – to old recipes and traditions, some of which even date back to the 18th century. In the show manufactory on Führichgasse, visitors to the candy production area can look on and be inaugurated into the secrets of Austrian candy making.
A specialty of the sugar workshop are the Viennese silk candies. They are among the most traditional candies in Austria, and in their original version are filled with chocolate and shaped like miniature pillows. The candies get their particularly crunchy bite from the use of pulled sugar. This method involves working air into the sugar mass.
Especially creative as well as being a visual delight are the motif candies. Delicate motifs such as fruit, shapes or words are incorporated into the colorful candies. Anyone who'd like candies with personal motifs or texts can also order these in the Zuckerlwerkstatt.
Guided tour of the candy manufactory
If you every wanted to know how candy is made, you'll learn all about it on this guided tour of the show manufactory at the Zuckerlwerkstatt.
- Duration: approx. 1.5 hours
- for little ones and grown-ups
- a compete guided tour of a Motivzuckerl production line (the premium class in candy making)
- a jar of the freshly made candy as a gift to go
- interactive and entertaining elements built in to the guided tour, like blind tasting or a playful aroma training session (how our sense of taste works, etc.)
- guided tasting of the entire assortment
- information, such as raw ingredient science, interesting facts about the Zuckerlwerkstatt, history of this craft, and its long tradition in Vienna
- Registration & booking: www.zuckerlwerkstatt.at/schaumanufakturen
Zuckerlwerkstatt Show manufactory & shop