Parking in Vienna
Short-stay parking zones in Vienna are:
- Districts 1 to 9 and 20: Monday to Friday, except public holidays, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m., max. stay 2 hours
- Districts 10, 11, 12 and 14 to 19: Monday to Friday, except public holidays, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., max. stay 3 hours
- Special scheme near the Stadthalle: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.; Saturday, Sunday and public holidays 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., max. stay 2 hours
- Find the parking zones on the Vienna City Map
Short-term parking zones are only posted at the entrance to the respective district.
Different short-term parking rules may apply in the shopping streets of Vienna and are posted separately in such places.
Residents' parking spaces: In districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12, there are parking spaces specifically reserved for local residents - these can NOT be used with a valid parking ticket (penalties apply!). These zones are designated by no stopping/no parking signs with additional panels "excluding vehicles with a parking sticker for district xx and people with disabilities (wheelchair symbol)".
In all short-term parking zones, you must have a parking ticket from the first minute of parking onward, even for short stops to unload luggage. 15-minute free parking tickets are available and can be obtained from your hotel. The 15-minute parking tickets may not be combined with other parking tickets.
Parking tickets are available from
- Tobacco shops
- Cigarette machines
- Filling stations
- Wiener Linien (Vienna Transport Authority) ticket offices
- Wiener Linien ticket machines
- Via Handyparken (mobile phone parking ticket service)
Price for 30 minutes: 1,05 €
If you use multiple parking tickets at once, enter the same starting time on each.
Throughout Austria, drivers are exempted from the parking charges in short stay parking zones if they are in possession of a parking pass for disabled persons in accordance with Sec. 29b of the Road Traffic Ordinance (European parking pass). Passengers may also make use of this parking benefit.
Note: ID cards issued before 2001 will become invalid on 31 December 2015. In order to be able to continue parking, you must apply for a new ID card (Federal Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Consumer Protection)!
If your hotel does not have parking facilities, please ask at the reception for an all-day parking permit.
You can park your car very inexpensively at Vienna's Park & Ride Garages for about 3,60 euros per day. All Park & Ride facilities are directly connected to a subway line, making it easy and convenient to reach the city center.
Garages in the city center and nearby are also available with higher rates.